Monday 17 December 2012

Question 2 SECOND DRAFT

The combination of my main product and ancillary texts link well they all show consistency in creating a brand for the band intoxicated and their music.When starting to put together my digipak there where two main points I wanted to carry through them, my first point was that I wanted to keep the ‘loud’ and energetic them running throughout because I think that’s what makes my band so significant and distinctive.
We have created a focal point of the band being the female artist, we have made sure she is always connecting well with the audience whether she is looking straight down the camera or just showing her personality as not taking herself to seriously, we decided with the dj to keep him more on the side line of the video, we wanted to focus more on what he was doing and the effect it had on the song that keep zooming on his face/ expression.
The second thing I wanted to follow was the idea of their not being too much text, although the video uses a lot of shots with different colours and patterns we didn’t want to over complicate it by using to many people or different locations so I wanted the simplistic approach to also carry through so I decided to only use one block of large text being the track list and then small blocks- the band website etc.
We wanted to make intoxicated modern and unique we did this by creating a distinctive brand for them, We both wanted the advertising to be mainly about the music and genre to reach out to the specific audience we are targeting, in both of our digipaks we only decided to use one image of the band because we didn’t want to make it all about appearance.
The band is wearing the same clothes as in the video which brings regularity into my work. I have decided to use black and white as a them through my digipak and advert because in some ways black and white can be more striking than a bright colour and although a lot of bright colours were used in our video the advertising isn’t just for this particular song so I wanted to get it right, I have used the image as a theme because I think it works well in creating an identity for intoxicated. By taking an image starring the pattern that featured in the music video i have made an obvious link to the video once again creating the idea of a 'brand' for intoxicated.
I have used the same font on my digipak as on the advert, I used dafont.com to search for a font that suited the style I had in mind, I wanted something that was very dance/electro and when I found this font I thought it was perfect for the name intoxicated and fitted the dance theme well.

No comments:

Post a Comment